Do You Think You Qualify for Workers’ Compensation? Take These Steps to Secure Your Benefits
To recover workers’ compensation benefits, you must be able to prove the extent and cause of your injury. For this reason, the steps you take after you are injured are critical to your claim. Every professional truck driver injured on the job should follow this checklist to help ensure they receive the proper benefits for their injury:
(1) REPORT the accident to the employer and record the injury in Qualcomm or a logbook as soon as possible. Tell the employer exactly how the accident happened and that the injury was job related. Use a company form if one is provided, and record the name of the person the injury was reported to at the employer.
(2) WRITE a description of how the accident happened while it is still fresh in the trucker’s memory, including any witness names, addresses and phone numbers. Take pictures of the accident scene if the trucker believes the accident was caused in part by the negligence of someone other than the employer.
(3) SEEK medical attention. Tell the doctor exactly how the accident happened. Give a complete description of what the truck driver was doing, and a full and complete description of the pain and problems that the trucker is experiencing. Be sure to give the doctor an accurate date of injury. Follow the doctor’s advice and always keep medical appointments.
(4) DON’T SIGN any document you do not understand or give any recorded statement to anyone unless you have legal counsel present.
(5) CALL an experienced truckers workers’ compensation attorney.
Choose an Attorney Who Specializes in Trucker Injuries
Workers’ compensation claims for truckers can be difficult to pursue without the help of an experienced trucker workers’ compensation attorney. This is particularly true for truck drivers because of their unique wage rates, the physical demands of driving a truck, and the difficulty finding comparable employment outside the trucking industry. Insurance adjusters generally will not offer to pay you all the compensation you deserve. To receive just compensation, you typically must hire an experienced trucker workers’ compensation attorney to pursue your claim.
Hurt Trucker Attorneys Is Here For You
If we represent you, we will aggressively pursue the maximum compensation available for your injuries, and we will not receive a fee until you receive the compensation you deserve.
Contact Us Any Time, No Cost Or Obligation